This week we are celebrating National Apprenticeship Week 2019.
This year the theme is ‘Blaze a Trail’ and links to the new national ‘Fire It Up’ apprenticeship campaign. This focuses on the benefit that apprenticeships bring to the individual, businesses and the economy.
Apprenticeships and Skills Minister Anne Milton (gov.uk), said: “Blazing a trail is what being an apprentice is all about. [And] that’s what’s happening up and down the country. Apprentices and employers [are] blazing a trail.
“I want everyone to recognise the change that apprenticeships can bring. For employers blazing a trail to new markets, apprentices to new career opportunities and for colleges and training providers raising the skills level for everyone.”
Apprenticeships are an excellent route for anybody at any stage of their career. From those just leaving school, to those looking for a career change and re-entering the world of work. Apprentices inject new energy and fresh ideas into a business, and can be an invaluable asset in the workplace.
Over the next five days, British Engines will be taking part in National Apprenticeship Week’s ‘BLAZE’ social content series:
- Benefit: How do we as a business benefit from hiring apprentices?
- Learn: What have we learnt from hiring apprentices?
- Aspire: What has an apprenticeship enabled someone within the business to achieve?
- Zest: So, why are we passionate about the value that apprenticeships bring?
- Energise: What has the cultural impact of hiring apprentices been on the business?