The Shift Manager will be part of the CMP Cramlington operations team, the main purpose of this role is to support the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, associated systems and procedures in order to ensure the sustainability of the site.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be working closely with the quality, technical, supply chain and engineering functions to achieve production targets, particularly plant output and efficiency, plant operations, product quality, product costs and department expenditure.
The role will provide leadership and direction to team leaders/coordinators and will have overall responsibility for up to 60 people on the shift covering logistics, packing and assembly.
Duties will include
- To develop a culture of continuous improvement within the department
- To develop and champion departmental key performance indicators (KPI’s), reporting weekly to stakeholders
- To challenge current practices and processes in order to make improvements
- To use problem solving techniques to resolve issues and implement improvements
- To liaise with engineering on plant quality, trouble shooting, maintenance and improvements
- To conduct a daily housekeeping walk through and corrective measures activated
- To implement and assess lean manufacturing initiatives
- To monitor weekly/daily measures and improves work processes
- To enable the shift to keep the plant running in the most efficient operating conditions
- To actively work to reduce costs
- To coach Team Leaders to drive and improve performance of their teams
- To lead a daily production planning meeting and ensure a good shift communication and handover to next team
- To proactively get involved with maintenance planning, monitor progress and project manage through to completion
- To ensure minimum stock holding and dwell within operational KPIs
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have previous management experience within a fast paced environment and have a full understanding of lean tools and implementation.
Excellent interpersonal, influencing and numeracy skills is essential as well as an analytical mind set with a strong commercial awareness. They will also be driven and highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
31 August 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.