We are currently recruiting 3 Advanced Wickman Operators who will be required to operate and carry out minor repairs and adjustments to Wickman Multi Spindle Machines. They will produce a range of components manufactured from brass ensuring all components conform to the engineering drawings.
These positions will be on a full time, permanent basis, reporting to the Production Supervisors.
Duties will include
- To ensure all processes are completed in accordance with all applicable CMP Health and Safety and Environmental Policies, Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- To operate machinery as requested on or within target times
- To ensure minor breakdowns or repairs of Wickman machinery are resolved in a safe and timely manner
- To ensure any tooling / quality issues are resolved in a timely manner
- To use a variety of measuring equipment ensuring all inspection requirements are completed in line with control plan instructions
- To identify and report non-conforming components ensuring the relevant SOP is followed
- To accurately complete all system transactions related to your job role
- To maintain and promote a high standard of housekeeping at all times
- To perform any pre-shift and maintenance checks as dictated by the plant and equipment you are operating
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The candidates must have experience of operating Wickman machines, have knowledge of working to tight tolerances and understand technical drawings as well as the ability to use a wide range of measuring equipment.
They must also have excellent communication skills, be organised and self-motivated.
Working hours are an average of 37.5 hours per week on a shift rotation, which involves working 10 x 12 hour shifts over a 21-day cycle with 11 days off in every 21.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
24 June 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.