An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a temporary Ancillary Operator to join our growing business and support within the operations team.
This position will be on a full time, temporary basis for 3 months.
Duties will include
- To complete general duties within the manufacturing facilities and machine shops
- To complete general driving duties as and when required
- To distribute materials throughout the site in various machine shops
- To complete general housekeeping duties
- To use the fork lift trucks
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role from an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation. It is essential that they have an up to date valid forklift truck licence (counterbalance and narrow aisle reach truck) which must be valid for the full period of employment.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure. Strong communication and time management skills are essential for this role.
Due to business requirements; shift work and overtime flexibility are essential.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
1 October 2021
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.