An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for an Apprentice to join our growing business in which they will gain a wealth of knowledge and experience.
They will complete a 4 year apprenticeship specialising in assembly and test and will study with Tyne Coast College, completing a portfolio of evidence to prove their competence to achieve a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
Following completion of this apprenticeship the successful candidate will be qualified as a Mechanical Fitter specialising in the assembly and testing of surface and subsea valves.
Training will be available within a specific department, where training will focus on developing in depth knowledge of the area activities
Duties will include
- To undertake duties associated with engineering activities
- To develop skills in the use of hand tools
- To gain experience of managing their own individual work load ensuring they deliver work accurately, on time and in accordance with instructions, policies and procedures
- To develop an understanding of how businesses operate and the interrelationships between departments and activities
- To gain experience in dealing with internal and external customers
- To complete to the required standard, all assignments and activities associated with the apprenticeship training programme
- To work in a safe manner, driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the British Engines Group health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful applicants must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs’ (or equivalent). For both Mathematics and English, it is essential that they hold a minimum of GSCE grade C/4.
A genuine interest in engineering is a must and some prior knowledge would also be advantageous. Applicants must be hardworking, committed and self-motivated.
Hours of work will be 37 per week (36.5 hours per week if under 18 years old).
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
13 August 2022
To apply for this vacancy please submit an online application form via the TDR website
Please note: When filling out this application it is crucial to include that you are applying for the British Engines apprenticeship scheme.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.