The successful candidate will be part of the sales team who are based at South Shields, however national and international travel will be required. They will be responsible for promoting the Michell Bearings products within their territory to secure tendering opportunities and increase sales.
Duties will include
- To interface with the marketplace, customer base and parent company on sales and marketing issues, by means of regular sales visits to defined international territories
- To visit customers as and when required
- To manage customer activity within the territory
- To establish direct lines of communication with customers in the territory
- To capture customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product
- To assemble the component prices for standard products and calculate the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation
- To liaise with the estimating team to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and using the information generated to produce a quotation
- Initial review of terms and conditions of contract where these are dictated by the customer
- Contract negotiation
- To define and satisfy the requirements for export licence control compliance as required
- To participate in detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop packs of information used to communicate the contract requirements internally in the business
- To assist with the project management of contracts from customers in the territory
- Compliance with departmental and company procedures whilst tendering and processing orders
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
- To ensure a high level of health and safety is maintained by safe working conditions and compliance with the company’s Health and Safety policy
The successful candidate will ideally be fluent in both spoken and written French and Spanish (or working towards) and have experience of negotiation and knowledge of commercial terms and conditions of business. They must also have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (HNC or above) with a clear understanding of rotating machinery applications within industrial and marine markets.
The candidate must have experience of domestic and international travel and be willing to work additional hours as and when required. It is also a requirement that the candidate has a high level of computer literacy.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous but is not essential.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Possession of a full UK driving licence is essential.
Hours of work will be 35 per week.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
Closing date: 2nd July 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.