The successful candidate will be part of the Sales team (based at South Shields with national and international travel) and responsible for promoting the Michell Bearings products within their territory to secure tendering opportunities and increase sales.
Duties will include
- Interfacing with the marketplace, customer base and parent company on sales and marketing issues, by means of regular sales visits to defined international territories.
- Visiting customers as and when required.
- Managing customer activity within the territory.
- Establishing direct lines of communication with customers in the territory.
- Capturing customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product.
- Assembling the component prices for standard product and calculating the estimated works cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation.
- Liaising with the estimating team to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and using the information generated to produce a quotation.
- Initial review of terms and conditions of contract where these are dictated by the customer.
- Contract negotiation.
- Defining and satisfying the requirements for export licence control compliance as required.
- Participating in detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop packs of information used to communicate the contract requirements internally in the business.
- Assisting with the project management of contracts from customers in the territory.
- Compliance with departmental and company procedures whilst tendering and processing orders.
- Other duties which the incumbent is competent to perform at the request of the Sales Manager.
The successful candidate will ideally be fluent in spoken and written French and Spanish language (or working towards) and have experience of negotiation and knowledge of commercial terms and conditions of business. They must also have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (HNC or above) with a clear understanding of rotating machinery applications within industrial and marine markets. The candidate must have experience of domestic and international travel and an appreciation of international cultures and be willing to work additional hours, including national and international travelling as required. It is also a requirement that the candidate has a high level of computer literacy.
Knowledge of export licence control would be advantageous but is not essential.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Possession of a full UK driving licence is essential.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.