An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for an Assembly and Test Fitter to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Production Supervisors, the successful candidate will primarily work with assembly and test hydraulic motors, pumps and the associated sub-assemblies.
Duties will include
- To follow standard assembly methods to successfully assemble motor or pump sub-assemblies and final builds. This will also require interpretation of engineering and hydraulic system drawings
- To test hydraulic motors and pumps using the hydraulic test rigs available
- To operate the overhead crane to lift components
- To inspect components and complete any relevant supporting paperwork
- To clean and protect components as required
- To be able to use a range of measuring equipment together with a working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self-inspection
- To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- To work as part of the assembly and test team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design
- Material handling as required loading, unloading and manoeuvring materials and finishing components
- To operate in-house computer systems for the recording of work activities
- To support training of apprentices and trainees
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful applicant must be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have previous experience of assembly and testing of hydraulic equipment and systems.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines, within capability, as well as working shifts to meet production needs as required.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
21 January 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.