The successful candidate will report directly to the Assembly and Test Manager and will have the primary function of working with assembly, and testing hydraulic motors, pumps and the associated sub-assemblies.
Duties will include
- To follow standard assembly methods to successfully assemble motor or pump sub-assemblies and final builds. This will also require interpretation of engineering and hydraulic system drawings.
- To test hydraulic motors and pumps using the hydraulic test rigs available.
- To operate the overhead crane to lift components.
- To inspect components and complete any relevant supporting paperwork.
- To clean and protect components as required.
- To be able to use a range of measuring equipment together with a working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self inspection.
- To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- To work as part of the assembly and test team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- Material handling as required loading, unloading and manoeuvring materials and finishing components.
- To operate in-house computer systems for the recording of work activities.
- To support training of apprentices and trainees.
- General housekeeping duties within the manufacturing facilities.
Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have previous experience of assembly and testing of hydraulic equipment and systems.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines, within capability, as well as working shifts to meet production needs as required.