An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Bishop Auckland for an Assembly Production Lead to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will manage the day to day assembly function whilst providing leadership and support to ensure production targets and quality standards are met in the delivery of high volume, precision built product, on time.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in further developing our continuous improvement culture.
Duties will include
- To organise work flow to ensure optimal productivity and achievement of production targets
- To be proactive in the implementation of key continuous improvement techniques on the assembly line, including semi and full automation where applicable
- To calculate staffing levels required to support production plans
- To be actively involved in the new product introduction process, supporting the design team to ensure products are designed for assembly
- To continuously drive quality improvements and initiatives to achieve and maintain right first time and on time delivery of products
- To implement standard operating procedures (SOP’s) including common fixtures and tooling etc.
- To identify any bottlenecks or problem areas that will affect achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and assembly timescales
- To attend production meetings and take accountability for the assembly function
- To be responsible for the daily management of employees, providing leadership and coordinating workloads to ensure KPI’s and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer
- To develop and manage a robust training plan for staff within the assembly area, identifying business risk and development opportunities to create a truly flexible team
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
To succeed in this role the applicant must have experience driving improvement activity in an assembly production supervision or management role. They must also have a proven track record delivering against targets.
They will have strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to implement continuous improvement and ensure quality standards are adhered to. Excellent communication both verbal and written are essential, as is the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business. They ability to demonstrate effective problem solving skills and resolve conflicting situations are also a must.
The successful candidate must be passionate, proactive and flexible with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
Hours of work are 38.75 per week.
Closing date: 10 June 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.