Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will manage assembly staff and continually improve the manufacturing assembly function within the company, ensuring the delivery of high volume, precision built product, on time.
You will play a pivotal role in further developing our continuous improvement culture.
Duties will include
- To organise work flow to ensure delivery of optimal productivity.
- To be proactive in ensuring continuous improvement techniques are implemented on the assembly line.
- To ensure adherence to policies, procedures, work instructions and SOP’s.
- To develop and manage a robust training plan for staff within the assembly area.
- To calculate staffing levels required to support production plans.
- To be actively involved in the new product introduction process, supporting the design team to ensure products are designed for assembly.
- To attend production meetings and take accountability for the assembly function.
- To continuously drive quality improvements.
- To identify any bottlenecks or problem areas that will affect achieving KPIs and assembly timescales.
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies.
- Will have strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to implement continuous improvement and ensure quality standards are adhered to.
- Will have experience driving improvement activity in an assembly production supervision or management role and a proven track record delivering against targets.
- Will be passionate and proactive.
- Will be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
- Will be computer literate.
- Will be capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Will have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Will be flexible and adaptable.
- Will have effective problem solving skills.
- Will have an ability to resolve conflicting situations.