Reporting to the Head of Business Systems, the successful candidate will work within the business systems team focussing on the deployment and development of IFS across the group companies.
The successful candidate will conduct process reviews and formulate solutions to business problems. The role will involve data analysis, documenting processes and requirements, formulating solutions and managing the delivery of benefits. You will be expected to communicate solutions and strategies, persuade stakeholders, provide training to individuals and groups, and communicate plans effectively. You will be required to define, plan and execute projects, working independently to wholly manage the process.
This role will involve working closely with the target business, engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
Duties will include
- To look at existing business processes, document them, and recommend improvements
- To challenge existing processes
- To formulate ways for the business to improve based on research
- To lead workshops and training sessions
- To estimate time, resource and cost requirements of projects
- To evaluate project risks and predict potential problems
- To act as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- To analyse business data and create reports and models
- To oversee the implementation of new technology and systems.
- To compile and present information orally, visually and in writing.
- To work with the business to develop a technology solution that delivers additional benefits to the business.
- To take ownership of tasks of varying magnitude from single actions to entire projects.
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to express ideas and convey information both verbally and visually
- Have the ability to actively listen to ideas and requirements from stakeholders
- Be able to devise a solution from a breakdown of the problem, selecting the most appropriate course of action from the options available
- Have the ability to produce a project definition, clearly defining scope and objectives
- Be able to consider the wider implications of planned changes, i.e. impact on other processes and people
- Have the ability to define activities and events to be completed during the project to appropriate levels of detail
- Be able to prepare and document a schedule of major phases, milestones and review points to inform the direction of work and monitoring of progress of the project.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness in relation to the environment that they work in
- Be a logical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
Super user level of knowledge in one or more areas of IFS is desirable.
A full UK driving licence is essential and you must have your own vehicle.
Working hours are 35 per week.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
21 January 2021
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.