Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Business Development Manager has full accountability for owning and delivering a budget for the respective territory. The successful candidate will seek to exceed targets by developing contractor relationships whilst supporting existing distribution. New opportunities should be developed through project specification and original equipment manufacturers.
Duties will include
- To identify projects and opportunities within the territory
- To identify the decision makers in relation to the specification, purchase and installation of products within the product range to assist in growing the business and achieving agreed targets
- To build and nurture an ongoing pipeline of firm project opportunities using customer relationship management to track progress
- To target new original equipment manufacturers and end users in the specified territory to estimate potential and be actively involved in developing a sales strategy that will maximise each given situation
- To conduct market research and analysis of competitor activity to ensure a high understanding of distribution and market segments
- To proactively develop and maintain relationships with specific distributors to enable effective targeting of end users, establish business potential, set objectives and formulate a course of action to achieve objectives
- To provide feedback on competitor activity, in particular pricing levels, market trends and contribute towards the development of the sales budget and marketing plans
- To provide regular updates highlighting calls made, personnel visited and all relevant points of discussion
- To attend exhibitions and promotional events as well as supporting and participating in product and application training programmes for customers and colleagues
- To provide product/technical support and undertake practical demonstrations of the product range, ensuring effective promotion of products
- To ensure customers receive a world class service
- To measure customer performance and develop appropriate strategies to implement improvements
- To respond to customer complaints and identify effective resolutions to ensure the customer’s satisfaction is maintained
- To develop and maintain an appropriate level of product and application knowledge
- To follow up on outstanding quotations and ensure completion within the relevant time frames
- To ensure effective control of documentation
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
To succeed in this role the successful candidate must have a minimum of five years’ experience within a similar position. Experience of working within a cable environment would also be advantageous. The candidate must have experience of developing, managing and delivering a sales budget as well as managing accounts and contractors.
The successful candidate must have the ability to design and deliver sales plans to include key objectives and milestones. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the ability to sustain engagement in order placements over a long period of time. They must be able to work with senior management and technical experts within large organisations. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain close relationships with key customers, distributors, end users and specifiers, as well as having experience of managing accounts and contractors.
It is essential that the applicant has excellent communication skills as they must be able to demonstrate their ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (internal and external) and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate will proactively enhance the reputation of the company by taking ownership of, and adding value to, the customer proposition. They must be self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work remotely with determination and focus on business results. They will also be motivated by winning purchase orders and will gain satisfaction from working and winning as a team.
It is essential that the successful candidate can identify trends and opportunities with existing customers and prospects. They must be able to demonstrate their ability to challenge ideas based on the best outcome for the customer, whilst balancing the company needs.
They will have the ability to deliver on promises and demand high standards from themselves and others, spending time on what is important. They must be results oriented, passionate about sales and winning as a team. The candidate will also be able to demonstrate collaborative working with an ability to develop an internal network to ensure matters are concluded cohesively and effectively. It is essential that the candidate will also be organised, disciplined and have strong time management skills.
The hours of work are 35 per week.
The candidate will require a full UK driving licence and reside within or close to the M25 circular. A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work from home is also required when needed. It would be advantageous to have a knowledge and understanding of the electrical contracting market within London.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address please forward a CV to the HR Department, British Engines at Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 8BT.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.