Reporting to the CEO, a major focus of the role will be to proactively identify and develop new market sectors, generate new sales and continually promote the company and its specialist pressure testing services.
Duties will include
- To work with the CEO to understand and develop the future direction of the business in terms of market and sectors whilst identifying new opportunities
- To undertake market research on a continuous basis to ensure the business is always at the heart of future projects and initiatives
- To develop an understanding of customer expectations and requirements and how the Tyne Pressure Testing service delivers against these objectives
- To research relevant markets and related industries to promote sales growth
- To develop, update and maintain the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- To develop and maintain a customer base for Tyne Pressure Testing
- To present the Tyne Pressure Testing services to potential customers
- To generate and convert leads by developing customer relationships and follow up on quotations
- To understand customer requirements and develop a solution for the specific project alongside the technical team
- To develop relationships with customers and potential customers to understand project timelines and new projects relevant to Tyne Pressure Testing
- To undertake site visits where necessary with the ability to identify equipment, capabilities and unique selling points
- To develop an understanding of competitors, and where Tyne Pressure Testing is positioned in the market alongside them
- To work with the management team to develop strategy for future work
- To take part in continuous improvement projects where applicable
- To work within budgets
- To provide market understanding and insights to the management team to help continually improve the Tyne Pressure Testing service offering
- To ensure compliance with the British Engines Health, Safety and Environment Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
As well as experience and a proven track record of identifying commercially viable opportunities; the successful candidate must have the ability to liaise on a technical level with customers and have experience of working in a similar role. Experience of working in an engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable.
It is essential that the applicant has a customer focussed approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with customers. They must be resilient, results driven, proactive and self-starting as well as possessing excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are also a must as well as the ability to demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
Hours of work are 35 per week
Full driving licence and the ability to travel when required are essential.
Closing date: 12 March 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.