Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer will have responsibility for controlling the purchasing function to minimise stock and to ensure procurement is conducted with maximum commercial advantage for all project procurement spend. They will continually develop a sustainable cost effective supply chain with suppliers that has a strong focus on safety, reliability and continuous improvement.
They will also be expected to ensure the efficient utilisation of Material Resource Planning (MRP) scheduled dates to deliver effective production planning and control of the valve materials and Bought out Components (BOC’s) to the point of use.
Duties will include
- To deliver successful project outcomes – measured through quality, cost and delivery metrics
- To negotiate cost and lead time reductions with suppliers and achieve reduction plans in line with department targets
- To ensure that quality assurance procedures are being adhered to and to strive for quality excellence and in doing so minimising non-conformities across division
- To work within a team and be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- To control, issue and receive supplier status reports and maintain KPIs’ for use in the Vendor Rating System (VRS)
- To expedite purchase orders by telephone / email when required and report updates to the business
- To ensure purchase costs are in line with estimates and identify overspends for investigation
- To work in accordance with the business’s planning tools including (MRP) and proactively manager and communicate where items fall outside of the business needs
- To make prompt resolution of any invoice queries raised by the accounts department
- To support sales when required to effectively assess bids so that quoted lead-times and costs are realistic and have considered resource, capability and available capacity across the supply chain
- To work in a manner that is consistent with the requirements of company ethics and ensure both personal and business objectives are met
- To ensure working in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
To succeed in this role the successful applicant must have a minimum of at least 3 years’ experience in the supply market for raw, BOC and sub contract supply. They must also have affective application of “best practice” procurement and Continuous Improvement practices as well as a good understanding of machining and manufacturing processes.
Excellent communication skills are essential as they must be able to demonstrate their ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (internal and external) and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
The successful applicant will have good problem solving and analytical skills, as well as excellent IT skills including proficiency in using Microsoft Office. They will also have the ability to show initiative, creativity and strong business acumen.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
Hours of work will be 35 per week.
A full UK driving licence is required.
Closing date: 12 May 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.