An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in St. Peters for a Clean Room Operative to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Clean Room Operative will prepare machined components for despatch; cleaning packing and preserving to various customer specifications.
Duties will include
- To liaise with quality assurance to determine requirements for customer documentation, packing, despatch and shipping
- To clean components in line with customer specifications and business standard operating procedures
- To ensure that delivery schedules are met in line with production
- To generate the shipping documentation from IFS
- To ensure product and required documentation is packed in line with customer requirements; this will include weighing goods and visual inspection
- To ensure that material is labelled correctly prior to despatch
- To communicate with customers regarding packaging requirements and delivery information when required
- To assist in arranging the despatch/shipping administration with customer nominated freight forwarders or transport/courier agencies for specific customers
- To ensure that the best price is achieved for shipping at all times
- To ensure that all proof of delivery and certificates of conformance are uploaded into the business system to ensure traceability
- To source the appropriate packing materials
- To support good inwards in receiving goods into the business via set procedures ensuring all items are correctly identified and located onto the computerised inventory system and stored accurately in line with the stock location system
- To carry out general duties within the manufacturing facilities, including housekeeping
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have knowledge of production processes and systems with an understanding of engineering components. Knowledge in the use of precision measuring equipment, including micrometers, depth gauges, vernier calipers, thread plug gauges is advantageous.
They will have a good understanding of packaging and distribution. Experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment and within a clean room environment is desirable.
This role requires an individual who can adapt to a changing work environment with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines. A high attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to demonstrate their problem solving skills is essential.
Working hours are 37 per week.
22 June 2021
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.