An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Bishop Auckland for a Cleaning Operative to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Stores and Logistics Supervisor, the role has the primary function to undertake general cleaning duties to the prescribed standards within the office areas of a manufacturing environment.
Duties will include
- To clean interior surfaces, furnishings, fixtures and fittings
- To clean floors and hoover floor coverings
- To maintain the internal office environment
- To maintain toilet areas; clean all toilet appliances i.e. toilets, sinks etc. and replenish customer supplies i.e. Hand towels, toilet rolls
- To maintain kitchen / canteen areas; clean surfaces and equipment i.e. sinks, microwaves etc
- To clear and remove rubbish and other items from areas and ensure the security of all areas at completion of duties
- To maintain stocks of cleaning materials and to control the usage of materials ensuring the cleaning cupboard is kept tidy at all times
- To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and in a safe working order
- To have a knowledge and understanding of the cleaning area, cleaning procedures and time allocated to the area
- To have knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises
- To report any problems to the supervisor so they may be rectified immediately
- To undertake any other reasonable duties/request commensurate with this position as designated by the supervisor.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience within a cleaning operative role
- Have excellent communication and people skills
- Have a strong knowledge and appreciation of the importance of complying with Health and Safety standards in a work environment
- Have responsibility for delivering a high standard cleaning performance
- Will ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and legislation regarding cleaning, hygiene and health and safety
- Ensure that you are working within all relevant polices in relation to hazardous substances, manual handing and risk assessment
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude
- The ability to be agile and flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multi task with clear ability to focus on detail
Working hours are 8 per week worked on the basis of 3pm – 5pm Monday to Thursday.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
21 January 22
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.