The cleaning operative role has the primary function to undertake general cleaning duties to the prescribed standards within the office and shop floor areas of a manufacturing environment.
Duties will include
- To clean interior surfaces, furnishings, fixtures and fittings
- To clean floors and hoover floor coverings
- To maintain the internal office environment
- To maintain toilet areas; clean all toilet appliances i.e. toilets, sinks etc. and replenish customer supplies i.e. Hand towels, toilet rolls
- To maintain kitchen / canteen areas; clean surfaces and equipment i.e. sinks, microwaves etc
- To clear and remove rubbish and other items from areas and ensure the security of all areas at completion of duties
- To maintain stocks of cleaning materials and to control the usage of materials ensuring the cleaning cupboard is kept tidy at all times
- To ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and in a safe working order
- To have a knowledge and understanding of the cleaning area, cleaning procedures and time allocated to the area
- To have knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises
- To report any problems so they may be rectified immediately
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year’s experience within a similar role with a good knowledge of the importance of complying with Health and Safety standards in a work environment.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are a must as is the ability to multi task. They must also be self-motivated with a flexible attitude.
Normal hours of work are 10 per week, working dayshift (2 hours per day).
7 July 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.