Reporting to the CMM Engineer, this role will be responsible for carrying out mechanical inspection activities to ensure the required quality standards are achieved, maintained and improved.
Duties will include
- To liaise with the CMM engineer with regard to allocation of work.
- To operate a range of CMM machines in line with production requirements.
- To read, interpret and understand engineering drawings from a range of customers and industries.
- To assist in determining the programming requirements based on the drawing and engineering requirements, with specific focus on understanding geometrics, dimensions and tolerances (G,D &T).
- To perform 100% inspection of components.
- To assist in producing inspection reports and filling out the required paperwork.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and maintained to a high standard.
- To ensure component traceability and identification is present and correct.
- To assist in identifying the most effective and efficient method of checking components.
- To raise DMR (defective material review) in line with the identified processes.
- To ensure quality system procedures are being adhered to and are operating effectively.
- To have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines within capability as required to meet production needs.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
Applicants should have similar previous experience within a CMM Inspection role, ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation.
They should also have the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines, and will be flexible and willing to work various shift patterns. Please note that the shift patterns that run in the CMM department include day shift and night shift.
The ability to operate and program using PC-DMIS is preferred but not essential.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.