An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for multiple CNC Grinders to join our growing business.
These positions will be on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful applicants will report directly to the Production Supervisor the candidates will be responsible for operating multiple grinding machines to manufacture components with critical size and surface finish requirements, as per engineering drawing specifications.
Duties will include
- To inspect components and complete any relevant supporting paperwork.
- To deburr, clean and protect components as required.
- To carry out daily inspection and cleaning of grinding machines.
- To work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium.
- To interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measurements to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- To be able to use a range of measuring equipment, together with working knowledge of inspection procedures, to undertake self-inspection.
- To work to required quality standards and procedures.
- Material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finish components.
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees.
- General duties within the manufacturing facilities, including housekeeping.
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of CNC grinding.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines, within capability, and working shifts as required to meet production needs.
Please note that this role operates various shift patterns including three shift and continental shift patterns, depending on workload.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
31 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.