An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Bishop Auckland for a CNC Machine Setter Operators to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor the successful candidate will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the setting and operating of CNC machines to meet production requirements whilst providing effective support and guidance to other team members.
Duties will include
- To be responsible for the efficient setting and operating of the CNC machines, achieving or improving upon planned standard times and quality levels through program improvements
- To interpret engineering drawings to ensure optimal programs are created and products are produced as effectively as possible to the required quality standards
- To have the ability to use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures
- To undertake self-inspection and inspection of others work with some plotting of statistical process control (SPC) data
- To have experience of working with a range of materials including mild steel, nylon, aluminium, stainless steels and occasional use of exotic materials (e.g. Duplex)
- To work using imperial and metric measurements
- To work as part of a machine shop team and interfacing with production control, design and production supervision
- To undertake material handling as required loading, unloading and manoeuvring materials and finishing components
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and have similar previous experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation. Experience of setting and operating bar fed and chucking type CNC lathes, CNC vertical millers and sliding head machines is advantageous. Programming experience on Fanuc is essential, Mazatrol and Siemens is highly desirable.
They will have a flexible approach to work activities; including operation of multiple machines and working shifts and overtime as required to meet production needs. It is essential the applicant has working knowledge of inspection procedures and is able to use a range of measuring equipment. They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with the ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, using strong communication and problem solving skills. They should have an appreciation of quality improvement techniques and principles.
Working hours are 38 per week.
Closing date 3rd August 2021
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.