An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for multiple CNC Machinists to join our growing business. These positions will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Cell Manager and will have the primary function of undertaking duties associated with the setting and operating of the CNC machines on the shop floor.
Duties will include
- To operate machines to required quality standards and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications
- To programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products
- To work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium
- To interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- To use a range of measuring equipment and have a working knowledge of inspection procedures in order to undertake self-inspection
- To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support departments including production control, engineering, and maintenance
- To operate computer systems for the recording of work activities
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidates must be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) with previous experience of CNC Turning/CNC Lathe. Previous specific 5-Axis experience as well as horizontal and/ or vertical boring is advantageous but not essential.
Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential, as is a good knowledge of production processes and systems. They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. This is an opportunity to join a well-established, progressive business where you can develop experience in an essential activity supporting our production facility.
Working hours are 37 per week
Please note that this role operates shift patterns which include nightshift.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.