The successful candidates will report directly to the Cell Manager and will have the primary function of undertaking duties associated with the operation of large, horizontal and vertical, twin pallet CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
Duties will include
- To operate machines to required quality standards and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
- To programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products.
- To work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium.
- To interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- To use a range of measuring equipment and have a working knowledge of inspection procedures in order to undertake self inspection.
- To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support departments including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- To operate computer systems for the recording of work activities.
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees.
Applicants should be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of horizontal and/or vertical boring.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
Strong communication and problem solving skills are essential, as is a good knowledge of production processes and systems. This is an opportunity to join a well established, progressive business where you can develop experience in an essential activity supporting our production facility.