An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a permanent Commercial Engineer to join our growing business.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will act as an integral link between the factory and the sales team by coordinating and providing all prices, enquiries, new product requests and pipeline opportunities.
Duties will include
- To co-ordinate the Short Term Forecast (STF) process including, issuing of forecasts, liaising with the sales team to understand any changes. Ensuring the predicted/assumed margins for forecasting of orders are accurate and understood. Communicating changes to the senior management team. Feed back to the sales team changes to forecasts based on capacity constraints
- To manage all global pricelists, ensuring that they are updated annually and that they are delivering acceptable margins for new business
- To monitor and control margins on existing accounts ensuring any low or negative margins are improved or challenged
- To manage all specific pricing enquiries looking at cost and ensuring an expectable margin
- To work with the sales team to ensure that the sales team achieve the agreed price rises for all customers
- To confidently quote prices and deliveries for new product variants
- To ensure weekly order intake reports are issued to senior management
- To ensure that enquiries from the sales team are dealt with in a timely manner via the IFS business system
- To develop and create tools to monitor customer accounts in terms of sales, orders, quality and performance
- To have full ownership, of developing and presenting results from the pipeline opportunity tracker
- To use IFS to ensure that new parts are commercially set up correctly
- To use a problem solving and solution driven approach to deliver efficiency savings in internal sales processes
- To provide draft engineering drawings to support fast response sales enquiries
The applicant must have a relevant degree in engineering/manufacturing (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of project management together with experience of commercial costing knowledge and ideally sales forecasting knowledge.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidate must also have strong communication skills and possess strong problem solving skills. Applicants will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A high level of computer literacy is essential particularly in Microsoft Excel as well as excellent organisational skills and be able to work with changing priorities and manage multiple tasks.
Working hours are 35 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
15 July 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.