Reporting to the Project Procurement Lead, the candidates will have responsibility for providing a commercial advantage to the business by competitively sourcing materials.
Duties will include
- To issue requests for quotations, supplier selection (applying AVL), price negotiations and PO contract management.
- To apply strategic sourcing methodology to consolidate the supply base to a reduced number of strategically important suppliers.
- To analyse quotations from suppliers and the creation of the total cost of ownership comparison; including supplier sourcing recommendations.
- To deliver prompt resolutions of any invoice queries raised by the accounts department.
- To support the supplier development team in recovering financial loss caused by supplier related delivery or quality problems.
- To collaborate with the strategic sourcing group to deliver a competitive advantage to the business through long term supplier agreements with critical suppliers, providing the organisation with preferential pricing, capacity allocation and improved warranty terms.
- To comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong project management skills and will be able to identify resource needs, develop project plans, and drive project execution.
- Relationship and change management skills, possessing the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, internally and externally, and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- The ability to develop and apply ‘best practice’ procurement and continuous improvement practices.
- A broad understanding of the supply market.
- Experience of developing suppliers relations.
- Experience of developing tender documents.