Reporting directly to the Customer Completion Lead, this role has the primary function to undertake duties associated with the fitting and assembly of finished goods to meet both production and customer requirements.
Duties will include
- To undertake the fitting and assembly of components and finished goods.
- To use a range of hand tools and measuring equipment together with a working knowledge of inspection procedures.
- To work to required quality standards.
- To work with single, small batch or a series of components and finished product processes.
- To work with a range of materials including exotic materials, nickel, super alloys, stainless steel, brass, duplex and aluminium.
- To interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measurements to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- To work as part of the operations team and interface with production support departments including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design.
- Material handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and finished components.
- To operate business computer systems for the recording of work activities.
- To ensure that you comply with British Engines’ Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- To be observant at all times and where applicable, make suggestions on health, safety and environmental improvements that could be made.
Applicants should ideally be time served in a relevant engineering discipline, and have previous experience of working in valve assembly.
You will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to your work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
You will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working all shift patterns as required to meet production needs.
This is an opportunity to join a large, well established, progressive business where you can develop experience in an essential activity supporting our production facility.