An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Deburrer / Wash Operative to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time temporary basis for approximately 3 months.
The role will primarily involve the removal of sharp edges from finished components working to finished part drawings.
Duties will include
- To use hand tools (air operated) including hand grinders, hand desuiters, and a wide range of carbide cutters as well as hand files
- To undertake visual inspection of products
- To load and unload component wash machines
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate should have similar previous experience within a manufacturing team; ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing organisation. Experience of slinging and lifting would be advantageous.
Additionally they will be able to demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. They will have the ability to follow work instructions and standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate must be willing to work a variety of shifts, and overtime, if and when to accommodate production demands.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.