The role will involve providing technical and commercially viable solutions for new and existing products and applications, ensuring that all designs are compatible with the company’s quality standards and manufacturing capabilities.
Duties will include
- To support the sales team in their assessment of new market opportunities, by providing guidance on the technical viability of existing or potential new products
- To construct detailed product specifications to meet the technical and commercial requirements of our customers, in line with our product development strategy
- To create design concepts and evaluate against the product specification to determine the most appropriate solution and ensure it meets the appropriate industrial standards
- To produce calculations and use finite element analysis (FEA) methods to determine the strength and integrity of new and existing components and assemblies
- To use tolerance analysis methods to negate internal interferences of new designs
- To produce and update detailed component, assembly and installation drawings
- To create and manage bills of materials
- To communicate with the production department to carry out detailed design reviews with reference to the product specification, ease of manufacture and assembly as well as cost
- To create detailed test specifications which allow the development department to test new and existing products to confirm they meet the design specification
- To provide the sales and quality teams with the advice necessary to resolve field failures or respond to customer feedback, either by written/verbal communication, or if necessary, by instigation of site visits to the end user or customer
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer with an analytical mind set and experience in conducting FEA. Ideally the candidate will be educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline.
The successful applicant should have the ability to demonstrate experience in engineering design. This should include design calculations and methods ideally free body diagrams, stress calculations, FEA and 3D CAD (preferably SolidWorks).
They will also possess excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to engineering excellence and continuous improvement. Knowledge of hydraulic motors and hydraulic principles would be desirable.
The hours of work will be 35 per week.
If you do not have an email address please forward a CV to the HR Department at Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
Closing date: 23 April 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time. Thank you