As a result of continued growth we are currently looking for a Design Engineer to join our product development team in Cramlington.
As a Design Engineer you will contribute and assist in the design and development of new and bespoke products as determined through business development and customer requirements. You will also assist the Product Development Manager in the delivery of key project milestones, as well as providing technical support to a number of internal and external stakeholders.
At CMP we are passionate about our employees and as such, we offer a number of exciting benefits details of these are available on our website.
Duties will include
- Using initiative to develop new products or design innovative solutions to improve existing products, from the briefs provided
- To ensure the timely preparation of all technical drawings using the 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing software provided
- Undertake, when required, modifications of drawings and components in line with QA systems and procedures
- The generation and maintenance of parts lists/bill of materials and the control of approved copies in line with QA procedures
- To liaise with certification bodies and supply requested approval drawings in a timely manner
- To have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives
- Conducting prototype and/or modified component testing, and the production and correct storage of test reports in a manner described in the QA procedures
- Provide technical assistance to the sales department or directly to customers, in terms of product information, problem solving and application training, when required
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- A suitable qualification in engineering or product design
- Self-motivation and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Research and development experience gained within a mechanical engineering environment, working with tight tolerances
- Highly skilled with 3D CAD modelling and producing technical drawings
- Experience of project managing new products from concept through to market launch
- An eye for detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
It would also be advantageous to have a working knowledge of relevant European and international standards and directives.