This role will be responsible for independently delivering an established production engineering training programme. The training consultant will instruct and assess learners at varying stages of professional development in theoretical engineering concepts within a practical context.
Duties will include
- To deliver practical instruction; theory lectures, as well as practical and written assessment in the principles of machining, welding, fabrication and engineering mathematics
- To provide ongoing instruction and assessment in project and time management
- To deliver instruction in CAD and design principles
- To report on learner progress at the interim and final stage
- To monitor training area equipment and machinery for faults and required maintenance
- To work in line with established health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- To be willing to acquire the programme content, delivery method and principles from the current provider
The successful candidate must have experience of delivering engineering training up to a level 4 standard, or higher. A mixture of educational and industrial experience would be an advantage.
A recognised teaching or training qualification is desirable alongside experience of delivering extended project based learning to enable students to develop reasoning skills. The role also requires experience of active learning strategies to enable students to develop reasoning skills.
Knowledge of Oxy-Acetylene and TIG welding Manual Machining, CNC structured programming and machining, bench skills and engineering design principles is desirable.
Education to HND level, or experience to equivalency, is essential. An education to Bachelors level in an engineering discipline would be advantageous.
The successful candidate should be professionally registered with the Engineering Council to Incorporated Engineer level or above.
Closing date: 18 May 2020
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.