This role will have responsibility for the preparation of manufacturing times and cost estimates, along with the maintenance of company price lists.
Duties will include
- To update the relevant module of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with cost estimates.
- To communicate with internal customers to clarify features of preliminary designs.
- To calculate estimated works costs based upon the use of third party software and manual techniques in comparison to actual performed hours.
- To assist in the evaluation and maintenance of master routings and updating corresponding third party software for future use.
- To establish lines of communication directly with customers or via appointed commercial advisors, as appropriate, to resolve queries.
- To monitor actual project performance against estimates through contract life allowing for refinement of estimates when key issues or opportunities are identified.
- To produce customer quotations where necessary to support sales and contracts.
- To periodically review and implement existing and alternative estimating software systems.
- To provide support to visiting customer/suppliers as and when required.
- To comply with department and company procedures.
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
The successful candidate will ideally have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification (HNC or above), this however is not mandatory. They will need a strong knowledge of manufacturing techniques. In addition, they will have a good understanding of Microsoft Office applications particularly excel, together with a high standard of numeracy and attention to detail with good written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work on own initiative as well as being a good team player.
It is essential that the successful candidate will have good organisational and time management skills, together with the ability to work to under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Hours of work are 37 hours; however the successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to the HR Department, British Engines at Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
Closing date: 24 January 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.