An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Gateshead for a Freight Forwarder to join our growing business. Initially to cover maternity this position will then continue on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Freight Forwarder you will support the team with freight activities, processes and administration on a daily basis, ensuring customers’ expectations are met to maintain a high level of customer service to enable SES to sustain its overall performance, development and growth of business within freight services.
Duties will include
- To take enquiries and liaise with clients
- To negotiate rates with hauliers, shipping lines, airlines and agents
- To provide clients with quotations
- To process all export / import freight forwarding shipments by sea, air and road
- To complete export and import customs entries
- To provide pre-alerts to customers and following jobs through to end destination including post flights and vessel checks
- To check and complete air and sea export/import paperwork
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
The well-established team is looking for a motivated, positive colleague with an enthusiasm to learn and help develop our freight operations along with their own career development. Where candidates do not have a proven history in a similar role within freight forwarding consideration will be given to suitable applicants with a level of import / export, customs or logistics experience who wish to progress their career as a Freight Forwarder. Full training will be provided to the suitable candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced team player who can develop the role within a growing packing and freight business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure paying close attention to detail, along with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines. It is essential they are IT literate and have excellent organisational and communication skills.
Working hours are 37 per week worked within the hours of 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
3rd August 2021
This process requires basic information and the opportunity to attach a CV and/or a letter of application. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.