An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Goods Inwards Inspector to join our growing business and support within the operations team. This position will be on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.
Duties will include
- To record receipt of purchased items on the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- To perform all inspection and test duties at goods inwards to ensure raw materials and finished components comply with the requirements of purchase orders
- To raise non-conformance reports where appropriate and initiate supplier returns
- To verify supplier certification
- To scan and upload delivery notes, inspection data and supplier certificates onto the ERP system
- To ensure product identification, inspection and test status of items is maintained at all times
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have experience within an inspection role, having previously worked in a machine shop or within a similar engineering environment. It would be an advantage if they are trained to operate a fork lift truck.
Together with being computer literate, the successful candidate must have the ability to read engineering drawings and be competent in the use of basic measurement equipment for example micrometer and vernier. They must also have the ability to manage their time effectively and efficiently, work independently and problem solve with a flexible attitude and the willingness to take on new skills and tasks.
An understanding of health, safety and environmental / COSSH is required together with excellent communication skills.
The candidate must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
1 October 2021
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.