Reporting directly to the Sales Manager the successful candidate will work within the sales and commercial team on a wide range of front end business activities. This will include applications engineering, design, estimating, tendering, contract management, marketing, sales and customer support. This is very much a development role in which we intend to give the successful candidate a solid grounding in all sales, commercial, engineering and operational disciplines.
Duties will include
- To interface with the marketplace, customer base and parent company on sales and marketing issues, by direct and virtual methods
- To visit customers with the sales team as and when required
- To work with the sales team to manage customer activity and the customer base
- To promote company products and services to the customer base
- To secure tendering opportunities from the customer base
- To capture customer technical and commercial requirements to develop a specification for the product
- To track the progress of tenders and convert these in to orders
- To assemble the component prices for standard product and calculate the estimated work cost based upon price list, previous cost performance and comparative estimation in order to produce a quotation
- To liaise with the Estimator and the Manufacturing Engineer to develop price estimates for non-standard applications and use the information generated to produce a quotation
- Initial review of the terms and conditions of the contract where these are dictated by the customer
- Contract negotiation
- To define and satisfy the requirements for export licence control compliance as required
- To participate in detailed technical and commercial specification reviews in order to develop packs of information used to communicate the contract requirements internally in the business
- To assist with the project management of contracts from customers in the territory
- To comply with departmental and company procedures whilst tendering and processing orders
- Exposure to other functional areas of the business beyond the sales and commercial team, such as Design, Research and Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Quality and Customer Support to broaden experience and understanding.
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level or expecting to graduate with at least a 2:1 in the subject of Mechanical Engineering and must have aspirations to pursue further education in a business-related qualification.
Experience of domestic and international travel would be desirable, as is knowledge of rotating machinery applications within industrial and marine markets. An understanding of commercial terms and conditions of business would also be advantageous.
The applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a high level of computer literacy. Knowledge and experience of using computer aided design software are also desirable.
Hours of work are 37 hours per week, however the successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours and be willing to work additional hours, including national and international travel as and when required. They must also hold a valid driving licence.
If you do not have an email address please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines at Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
Closing date: 18th June 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.