An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for a Graduate Sales Engineer to join our growing business. These positions will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the Graduate Sales Engineer will be pivotal in the sales process from initial customer enquiry through to order placement. They will assist in the preparation of quotations, reviewing customer requirements against the machining capability of BEL Engineering and seeking competitive pricing from our supply chain.
Duties will include
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers to ensure that their requirements are met and they receive exceptional customer service
- To assist the Sales Manager in the preparation of sales quotations
- To review customer enquiries including 2D drawings and 3D models
- To understand machine tool capability and how the enquiry would be manufactured
- To contact supply chain for raw material/special process quotations
- To work closely with the manufacturing engineering, project management and operations teams to ensure customer expectations are communicated effectively
- To collate sales forecast data
- To support the business development team at exhibitions/business forums
The successful applicant must be either a recent graduate or expecting to graduate with at least a 2:1 honours degree in a mechanical engineering discipline. Applicants will have awareness of engineering/manufacturing organisations from work experience/placement and some experience of working in a fast paced environment.
They will be able to manage their own workload and to deliver results in line with business deadlines ensuring information is compiled accurately and with a strong attention to detail. They will be able to develop good working relationships throughout the business
Working hours are 35 per week.
Salary – £27,500 per annum
What we offer:
The salary for this role will be £27,500 per annum.
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
1 July 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.