The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and designing hydraulic power units and systems from concept design through to manufacture, test and commissioning.
Duties will include
- Developing ideas to enhance our product offering
- Developing our hydraulic systems and further developing the assembly and manufacturing capabilities
- Liaising with customers to drive hydraulic solutions and support the build / installation / commissioning process, with both internal and external customers
- Optimising component selections, creating bill of materials (BOMs) for designs and liaising with purchasing personnel
- Producing and supervising the production of relevant documentation to support the product range and enable the interfacing of customer controls to the hydraulic pressure unit (HPU) systems
- Producing fabrication and manufacturing drawings for reservoirs, frameworks and general arrangements, and control drawings along with hydraulic circuit drawings for HPUs
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer, ideally educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline. They will have experience in hydraulic power unit system design, with relevant experience of 3D CAD/SolidWorks/Inventor or similar software. Providing relevant supporting documentation for certification bodies is also desirable, as is previous experience of on-site service and installation.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach, with excellent problem solving abilities and a practical approach to design and assembly issues. They will also have excellent communication skills with enthusiasm to work with internal and external customers in order to meet exacting demands.