The successful candidate will support the installation, commissioning, service and repair of our products. A large percentage of their working time will be spent in the repair workshop, test laboratory or hydraulic power unit assembly area assembling, building, testing or inspecting products. The main focus will be on the Rotary Power product portfolio, but this can include the broader hydraulic product range of components.
There will also be a strong element of site work which will involve installation and commissioning fault diagnosis, planned maintenance activities, warranty investigations as well as a need to support our products in the field, both in the UK and overseas.
Duties will include
- Compiling performance and failure assessments of hydraulic motors and pumps through service and customer returns, production assembly, tests, and field trials.
- Stripping, inspecting and repairing products to generate analysis reports in order to prepare repair estimates for customers.
- Installing and commissioning hydraulic motors, pumps and systems on customer sites.
- Assembling systems, subsystems and hydraulic power units, and carrying out acceptance testing.
- Attending sites for service and customer support functions as required.
- Determining and verifying improvement opportunities in process and product design
- Assisting in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Supporting test facility development, direct development and production activities.
- Liaising with customers for site visits and assessing risk and method statements.
- Documenting repairs and site visits and reporting findings both internally and to customers.
- Liaising with the development, applications and engineering personnel.
The successful applicant will ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent in mechanical engineering, or have served and achieved a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship. Ideally they will also have experience of working in a similar role with hydraulic equipment.
The successful applicant should have the ability to approach and solve technical problems logically and will have a sound understanding of hydraulics and control systems. They should also have an ability to read hydraulic circuit and associated diagrams.
They will be self-motivated and have the ability to work on their own initiative with the organisational skills required to enable efficient and timely fulfilment of the customers’ requirements.