An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for an Indirect Buyer to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the successful candidate will source indirect goods / services to enable Rotary Power and Michell Bearings to maintain and develop business operations.
Duties will include
- To build and maintain supplier relationships as well as identifying value for money of goods and services to be sourced
- To liaise with cross-functional stakeholders to determine business requirements and terms of pre-existing goods / services contracts
- To lead in-direct cost reduction programs and undertake cost-down activities as directed by the Purchasing Manager
- To maintain continuity of supply for in-direct goods and services through stock checks and contractual supplier service level agreements
- To manage service level agreements through internal and external cadence reviews to ensure supplier metric performance targets are achieved
- To fulfil general daily duties including the raising of requisitions, processing and amending in-direct purchase orders, expediting in-direct overdue orders, receipting where required to ensure payment cycles are aligned to agreements, completing posting proposal queries and maintaining contractual pricing within IFS business operating system
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
The successful candidate must be competent in using business operating systems (ideally IFS) and qualified with a QCF Diploma / QNVQ Level 4 Business Administration. They must also be qualified in CIPS level 3 or working towards this.
A broad understanding of in-direct supply chain requirements, including vendor managed systems are essential as is an understanding of goods/service specifications. They must also have the ability to manage and review a timing plan to ensure on-time on-plan implementation of new goods and service suppliers.
Excellent communication and negotiating skills are a must as is the ability to work closely and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. It is also essential that the candidate is proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and Word.
The candidate must be attentive, proactive, and resourceful with a keen willingness to learn and listen to others.
Due to business requirements there may be a requirement to travel.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
24th September 2021
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.