We are looking to recruit a Computer Science or IT for Business student to join our team based at Quorum Business Park in Newcastle, for 12 months.
This exciting opportunity provides the chance to develop a career in a stimulating environment and join a proactive, innovative and professional team.
Duties will include
- To apply skills and knowledge gained through university studies
- To provide central first line and second line IT support across the British Engines Group
- To provide remote support to our eight UK based companies, as well as overseas offices
- To ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and in compliance with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent IT skills including Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word.
British Engines placements offer the chance to gain practical work experience, develop professional skills and build an understanding of what a future career in IT will be like while working in a fast-moving, supportive team.
Applicants should have completed at least two years of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT for Business or a similar discipline and be expected to complete their course with a minimum of a 2:1. They should demonstrate enthusiasm, ambition, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive, modern organisation, which is committed to offering excellent training and career development opportunities.
The hours of work are 35 per week, Monday to Friday.