The Labourer will have a multi-functional role within the manufacturing department which will incorporate general labouring duties which will include the use of a forklift truck.
Duties will include
- To unload bar deliveries
- To control the weigh bridge operation
- To issue material for production
- To be in control of swarf operations
- To complete general labouring duties
- To complete stock counts
- To complete IFS transactions
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have a forklift truck licence, be electric pallet truck trained and be able to work at heights.
They must also have excellent communication skills, be organised, be self-motivated and have enthusiasm for the role.
15 July 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.