An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Machining Centre Operative to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Assembly Leader, the Machining Centre Operative will undertake duties associated with the operation of using large CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
Duties will include
- To co-operate with management and others to ensure the company complies with current legislation, health and safety codes of practice on safe working and environmental requirements
- To operate a CNC machine/work centre within safe working practices
- To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with production support, including production control, production engineering, the maintenance department and the quality department
- To operate the machine to the required quality standards, and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications
- To edit and modify programs as required
- To ensure all work is carried out efficiently and is accurately recorded on the shop floor computer system
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the planned production requirements, and within the standard hours provided where applicable
- To use a wide range of measuring equipment and have a working knowledge of inspection procedures, in order to carry out planned inspections and record and/or identify the results
- To ensure the correct drawing is used, and select the appropriate inspection equipment with the correct calibration certificate
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will be timed served (or possess an equivalent qualification) in an engineering discipline. Applicants will have knowledge and experience of CNC and manual milling/turning machining. Knowledge of 5 axis machining is essential.
The successful candidate must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings. The ability to use inspection and test equipment are also essential as is excellent IT and communication skills.
They will demonstrate a positive and motivated approach to their work, combined with the ability to organise priorities and meet deadlines.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.