An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a number of temporary CNC Machinists to join our growing business. These positions will be for a period of 8 weeks.
Reporting to the to the Production Supervisors the successful candidates will have the primary function to undertake duties associated with the operation of using CNC machine tools to meet production requirements.
Duties will include
- To operate machines to required quality standard and in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications
- To programme machines to produce single, small batch or a series of components and finished products
- To work with a range of materials including cast iron, mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- To accurately interpret engineering drawings and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- To use a range of measuring equipment together with working knowledge of inspection procedures to undertake self inspection
- To work as part of the machine shop team and interface with the production support department including production control, engineering, maintenance, and design
- To operate computer systems for recording work activities
- To support the training of apprentices and trainees
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Applicants must be time served (or possess other equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of Mazak 5 axis machines or Mazak CNC lathes. Experience of Fanuc and Mazatrol programming are also desirable.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidates must also have a flexible approach to work activities including working various machines, within capability, and working shifts, as required, to meet production needs.
Working hours are 37 per week.
18 June 2021
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.