The successful candidate will report directly to the Maintenance and HSE Manager and will undertake duties associated with the maintenance and repair of electrical installations and associated equipment; together with routine activities across the site.
Duties will include
- To perform routine, planned and reactive machine maintenance and repair activities to a range of machine tools, associated plant and equipment, buildings and site facilities
- To work on a range of machine control systems, including Fanuc, Siemens, Mazatrol
- To undertake installation, regular fault finding and repair activities
- To work with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- To work to required quality standards and procedures
- To operate access platforms including scissor lifts and cherry pickers
- To use company computer systems for recording of work activities
- To interpret engineering and electrical drawings and circuit diagrams and work with imperial and metric measures to ensure dimensional accuracy
- To work as part of a team and interface with other departments including production and procurement
- To have an appreciation of quality improvement techniques and initiatives
- To undertake manual handling as required to load, unload and manoeuvre materials and equipment
- To support training of apprentices and trainees
- To ensure that you comply with the requirements of company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To promote a safe working environment by directly challenging or reporting unsafe or environmentally damaging practices and hazardous working conditions
- To support environmental sustainability initiatives within the company such as segregating waste and switching off electrical equipment where appropriate and not in use
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Applicants should be time served (or possess equivalent qualifications) and should have specific previous experience of electrical maintenance and the associated duties listed above.
They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure within time constraints. The successful candidate will also have a flexible approach to work activities including working with various machines and equipment, and working shifts as required to meet production needs.
Please note that this role operates various shift patterns including nightshift, depending on workload.
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
Closing date: 20 June 2021
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.