An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in Cramlington for a Maintenance Electricians to join our growing business. The positions will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Maintenance Electrician will be required to undertake planned, preventive and reactive maintenance activities on equipment, tools and facilities across the whole site.
Duties will include
- To ensure safe working practices are followed at all times
- To complete planned preventive maintenance of equipment, tools and facilities
- To develop the planned preventative maintenance procedures emphasising on breakdown prevention
- To install and/or modify equipment as required
- To conduct a root cause analysis of breakdowns and to implement effective reoccurrence prevention plans using available resource
- To work as part of the maintenance team and to demonstrate good communication skills when interfacing with other departments, suppliers, contractors and manufacturers as required
- To operate access platforms including scissor lifts and cherry pickers
- To use a PC for accessing information, emails and completing reports
- To train and mentor apprentices
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have experience of working in a high volume manufacturing environment and have an electrical background. In addition, a good working knowledge of programmable logic controllers is essential.
This role requires an individual who is organised, self-motivated and has excellent communication skills. They will also have a hands on approach to problem solving with the ability to work alone, as well as part of a team.
Normal hours of work average 37.5 hours per week working on a shift rotation.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
Closing date: 21 January 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; if you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.