An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Maintenance Technician covering both Rotary Power and Michell Bearings. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will have an electrical bias with the ability to cross-skill in order to perform a range of maintenance tasks. They will ensure all machinery/CNC machine tools and other manufacturing equipment are safe and available for use across the Simonside site.
Duties will include
- To effectively perform all the duties of a Maintenance Electrician
- To undertake planned maintenance activities across the range of plant and machinery as scheduled, covering both electrical and mechanical areas with minimal support
- To provide reactive/repair maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic and electrical/electronic systems; with an advanced knowledge in either the electrical or mechanical side
- To use appropriate measuring equipment and tools for diagnostic and test on electrical controls/drives and machine alignment work
- To liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Service Engineers as required to facilitate quick and efficient machine repairs
- To record all maintenance related data on the company IFS system
- To mentor and train other members of the maintenance team when required
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience in the repair of CNC machine tools. They will preferably have an HNC in Electrical Engineering with a knowledge of CNC Machine Controls e.g. Fanuc/Mazak/Siemens, operating CNC machines and/or CNC Programming.
Knowledge and experience on associated motor drives, ability to carry out machine alignments, knowledge of laser alignment and ballbar checking with the ability to carry out electrical Installations are all essential.
The successful candidate must be able to use their own initiative whilst also working as part of a team. The ability to communicate accurate information with senior management and OEM service departments are a must, as is the ability to pass on knowledge and effectively train others when required.
They must be able to work under pressure and to reasonable timescales to keep machine downtime to a minimum. Flexibility to work shift patterns/overtime as required are also essential to enable suitable maintenance cover for production needs.
Working hours are 37 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
8 July 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.