An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for a Management Accountant to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
The main responsibility in the role of Management Accountant at BEL Engineering is for the preparation of monthly management accounts and the group reporting pack. They will also be responsible for project accounting, provision of proactive accounting support to the projects, commercial and operational teams, general cost control/management for the business and responsibility for the integrity of the balance sheet. They will also prepare monthly profit and cash forecasts and annual budgets.
The role will involve working closely with the senior leadership team including attendance at internal management meetings.
Duties will include
- To maintain the highest standards of accounting integrity, ensuring that monthly management accounts comply with UK GAAP accounting standards and group accounting policies
- To manage the preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly flash reporting, short-term forecasts and budgets in line with group reporting requirements and group reporting deadlines
- To obtain, interpret and analyse data and take a proactive role in helping the senior leadership team understand financial information
- To analyse and understand key trends for orders, sales, profit and cash, highlighting key issues and variances from budget and/or forecast for the senior leadership team. To prepare ‘bridges’/analysis highlighting key movements between actual and budget/forecast
- To analyse utilisation rates across cells/machines and labour including variance analysis against budget and forecast.
- To identify improvement initiatives within the business to improve profitability and cash flow
- To have full responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations
- To prepare and analyse cash flows, including operating cash and accurate cash forecasts
- To have responsibility for year-end processes and ensuring the year end balance sheet is accurate and backed up by supporting schedules. To liaise with the external auditors and tax advisors and to provide disclosure packs and tax analysis
- To submit and to have responsibility for other monthly group reporting requirements including UK monthly VAT submissions
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health and Safety Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must be at least a part qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant accounting experience; preferably they will have gained this in a manufacturing environment although the role would also suit a newly qualified accountant looking for their first role outside of professional practice.
They must also have strong technical accounting knowledge including practical experience of project accounting/job costing.
Experience of an ERP system is preferred and it would also be advantageous to have IFS experience.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills combined with an organised and analytical approach to work activities. Good communications skills, both written and verbal are also essential together with the ability to work alone or as part of a team. They must have the ability to identity and articulate trends or issues, and evaluate solutions.
Working hours are 35 per week.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
27 May 2022
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.