An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Management Accountant to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer, this applicant will take on a lead role in financial control, ledger maintenance and preparation of management reports, including monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets.
They will provide support for senior management in all areas of Finance, including reporting requirements, variance analysis and maintenance of the existing cost structures.
Duties will include
- To manage the period close process and produce the monthly management accounts and associated reports in an efficient and timely fashion in accordance with group reporting formats and timetables
- To review monthly files from RP Inc (US) and RPG (Germany), reconciling intercompany balances and consolidating with Rotary UK to produce consolidated reports for senior management review
- Full ownership of balance sheet reconciliations including maintenance of stock/WIP, fixed asset registers and all other ledgers
- To support preparation of a variety of reports outside of the month end process, including recoveries analysis, weekly metrics, sales information, GRNI reports and other ad hoc requirements
- To support the interim and year end stock counts, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and that inventory is valued appropriately on the balance sheet
- To proactively drive finance related improvement initiatives and provide financial support to projects within the business and British Engines Group as required
- To maintain the highest standards of accounting integrity, ensuring that the financial statements comply with accounting standards and Group accounting policy
- To manage the standard costing system and coordinate annual cost rolls, to ensure that stock is valued appropriately and variances to standard are investigated and acted upon where appropriate
- Prepare monthly VAT reports for the UK and Germany to support the submission of VAT returns
- To calculate and produce quarterly intercompany invoices and other miscellaneous invoices as required
- To maintain UK and foreign currency petty cash boxes
- To ensure that approvals for capital expenditure are obtained and that capital projects are managed within approved limits and budgets
- To provide support with all aspects of the year end process, including provision of disclosure/tax information and liaising with the company’s auditors and tax advisors as required
- To manage business process improvements and drive the implementation and enhancement of the business system(s); in particular the ongoing IFS upgrade (in line with group policy)
- To support the CFO in all financial aspects of the business
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Applicants should be ideally CIMA, ACCA, or ACA qualified and have relevant experience in an accounting/finance role, particularly around standard costing. This should have been gained ideally within a manufacturing environment, and IFS experience is also an advantage
A good understanding of finance processes, attention to detail and strong capability on Excel is required, together with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Candidates should be team orientated, with good communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is essential
Hours of work are 35 per week; however the successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business
What we offer:
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check
Closing date: 27 May 2022
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.