We are currently recruiting for a Manual Machinist with some FANUC CNC Setting experience. They will be required to produce parts on manual lathes and manual milling machines as well as having some basic Fanuc CNC experience. They will be required to produce a range of components from a variety of raw materials including brass, stainless steel and aluminium, ensuring all components conform to the engineering drawings.
This position will be on a full time, permanent basis, reporting to the Production Supervisors.
Duties will include
- To ensure that all processes are completed in accordance with all applicable Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To perform any setting / operating duties as requested on or within target times.
- Be experienced in both manual turning and milling.
- To be able to read and edit existing Fanuc CNC programmes to ensure quality and output is optimised.
- To monitor tooling for wear, adjust offsets or replace where necessary.
- To use a variety of measuring equipment ensure all inspection requirements are completed in line with Control Plan instructions.
- To identify and report non-conforming components ensuring the relevant SOP is followed.
- To accurately complete all system transactions related to your job role.
- To maintain and promote a high standard of housekeeping at all times.
- To perform any pre-shift and maintenance checks as dictated by the plant and equipment you are operating
- To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The candidate must have experience of working on manual lathes and milling machines and have some experience of FANUC CNC control systems, have knowledge of working to tight tolerances, understand technical drawings and the ability to use a wide range of measuring equipment.
They must also have excellent communication skills, be organised and self-motivated,
Working hours are days and nights, 37 hours per week.
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
3rd December 2021
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.