An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site at St. Peters, Newcastle upon Tyne for two Manufacturing Engineers to join our growing business.
These positions will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Chief Production Engineer, the Manufacturing Engineers will be responsible for delivering technical solutions that meet both customer and business requirements.
Duties will include
- To ensure the method provided uses the most suitable plant available in terms of efficiency and cost
- To ensure all drawing and customer requirements are covered through the methodology
- To ensure CNC programs are produced and verified to run right first time through the machine shop
- To have a clear focus on ensuring that the methodology and machining strategies chosen are capable of producing the job in the as sold hours, escalating to the line manager any instances that are not deemed achievable
- To ensure that any fixturing or tooling required for the job is designed and/or purchased in line with production requirements
- To provide the correct level of supporting documentation to ensure the success of the job; g. setup sheet, method of manufacture
- To utilise time on the shop floor to support the project and ensure the success of the job; ensuring cutting strategies are being utilised effectively
- To liaise with customers and travel when required
- To interact with tooling suppliers and to carry out research to ensure that they are up to date with the latest tooling methods. This will involve completing off site visits and training where appropriate
- To support and train other members of the department as needed
- To create reports to submit to the line manager for a quality check to demonstrate how the project performed against as sold hours, including any additional tooling or fixturing costs incurred
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidates must have significant experience in a manufacturing environment, which will include experience in one or more of the following sectors; nuclear (civil and defence), MOD and aerospace. They will be a time served apprentice or hold an equivalent NVQ / BTEC qualification in an engineering discipline. A minimum of 5 years’ service in a similar role or an HNC in an engineering discipline are also a must.
They will also be proficient in the use of CAM software for all machining disciplines, with the ability to interpret engineering drawings and produce manufacturing routes. They will be competent in producing 3D models and 2D drafting and will have experience of cutting / measuring tools and production processes as well as a working knowledge of quality standards.
Experience of EdgeCam or Siemens NX would be advantageous.
Experience of 5-axis machining and/or programming would also be advantageous.
The successful applicants will have a hands-on approach, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to pass on knowledge to effectively train others. They will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to their work combined with an ability to work under pressure and within time constraints. Excellent communication skills are a must.
A full UK driving licence is preferable
Working hours are 37 per week
What we offer:
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
21 September 2021
Employment is subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time