An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Material Handler to join our growing business. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the successful applicant will support with the handling and moving of equipment, materials and finished goods within the factory including the stores area. They will also ensure the maintenance of stock and the receipt, storage, issue and distribution and the smooth flow of materials and finished goods throughout the operation.
Duties will include
- To support the maintenance of the stores department, ensuring stock accuracy is maintained
- To locate completed parts into stores locations and carryout relevant transaction in the business system
- To issue both B.O.C. (bought out components) and raw materials to production in line with quality assurance requirements, production needs and SOPS (standard operating procedures)
- To perform daily labouring activities as well as general labouring and maintenance duties as and when required within the manufacturing facility
- General driving duties as and when required
- General housekeeping duties
- To paint finished products using onsite painting facilities when required
- To pack parts for outside processing
- To carry out cycle and periodic stock takes ensuring that a high level of stock accuracy is maintained and credible data is available to the business
- Regular, repetitive lifting and handling of materials and equipment
- To distributing materials throughout the site using a fork lift truck
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment and they must hold an NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing/Storage or have relevant experience of working in a similar position. Experience in overhead crane / slinging and lifting are also essential.
They must be proficient in and accredited for manual handling techniques; including forklift truck driving, manual and electric powered pallet truck driving, slinging and manual handling operations.
It is essential they can demonstrate effective levels of communication skills; this includes the use of e-mail, outlook calendar, undertaking internal presentations on set projects as well as participating in meetings. The ability to read and understand incoming data, including production planners with the knowledge to produce reports are a must.
The successful candidate must have a flexible and motivated approach to work activities with the availability to work overtime as and when required due to business needs.
A full UK driving licence, Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence and Narrow Aisle Fork Lift licence are essential for this role.
Working hours are 37 per week.
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- BE Rewards discounts and cashback
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
31 October 2021
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.