Reporting to the Group Lead Occupational Health Advisor you will be required to provide an occupational health surveillance and screening service under the direction of the nurse specialist, having freedom to act within the policies and practices of the service.
Duties will include
- To review paper based safety critical health questionnaires
- To perform audiometry and spirometry testing and to interpret the results
- To conduct hand arm vibration tier 1 and tier 2 assessments
- To carry out skin assessments
- To review fitness for lone/remote working, working at height, night work, confined space entry and operating safety critical machinery and vehicles
- To assist in the updating and maintenance of the occupational health recording system including the recording of clinical outcomes and observations
- To ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner and to comply with the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate will have a registered nurse qualification (RGN). A recognised Occupational Health nursing qualification would be desirable but is not essential; with previous experience in spirometry, audiometry and fitness for work assessments an advantage. However in house training will be provided to develop the relevant skills. You will be part of an experienced Occupational Health team but must be able to work independently when required. You must be a team player with effective communication and time management skills.
Applicants will demonstrate excellent IT skills including excel, outlook, and word.