The successful candidate will be based at our brand new state of the art research and development centre, and will be responsible for leading and inspiring a team of highly skilled designers, to help us bring new products to market faster than ever before.
Duties will include
Reporting to the head of the technical department, you will project manage the development of new and innovative products that will be used on high profile, large scale projects across the world from concept right through to completion.
You will be responsible for the effective review of new products with a view to reducing time to market and manufacturing costs, as well as designing and implementing bespoke products to customer requirements. You will also ensure all new products are comprehensively tested within the agreed design criteria.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Experience of leading/inspiring a team of engineers
- Experience of project managing new products from concept through to market launch
- A suitable engineering qualification i.e. a degree or an HND in conjunction with a formal engineering apprenticeship
- Experience of project managing new products from concept through to completion
- Experience of creating innovative design solutions in a similar business
- An extreme eye for detail
- Extensive experience using 3D CAD modelling
- Knowledge of reading and checking technical drawings
It would be advantageous to also have:
- A good understanding of hazardous area protection methods for electrical apparatus
- Experience of corresponding industry standards, specifications and codes of practice, particularly those relating to cable glands