An exciting opportunity has arisen at our site in South Shields for a Production Administrator. This position will be on a full time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Machine Shop Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the production team offering a high level of coordination and administration support.
Duties will include
- To coordinate sub-contract work including liaising with the production supervisors and suppliers, arranging transport and keeping our business system up to date
- To raise purchase orders and receipt of finished goods
- To monitor the enquiry response system for any change notes that need to be assigned to employees and once complete, close the process on our business system
- To create job packets for shop orders
- To create purchase requisitions
- To generate and circulate daily production reports.
- To support the maintenance of the health, safety and environment (HSE) system.
- To generate weekly role call
- To maintain the time and attendance system.
- To scan test data sheets
- To create the relevant paperwork for the dispatch of goods
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
The successful candidate must have an administration background and have experience of using a material requirement planner / enterprise resource planning (MRP/ERP) system in a manufacturing environment. Ideally they will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A* to C (or equivalent). A GCSE grade C/4 in Maths and English is required together with a QCF Diploma Level 4 in Business Administration or equivalent.
They will demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated approach to their work and be an excellent communicator as liaising with various departments is essential. A high level of computer literacy, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure within time constraints is also essential.
Hours of work will be 37 per week.
What we offer
The successful candidate will receive a ‘new starter’ payment of £375.00 after 6 continuous months of employment and a further £375.00 after 12 continuous months (payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme).
- Employee assistance programme including WeCare wellbeing app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car salary sacrifice scheme
- Holiday buy and sell
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Free on-site parking
26 August 2022
If you do not have an email address, please forward a CV to HR Department, British Engines, Q6 Quorum Business Park, Benton Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BT.
This vacancy falls under our ‘refer a friend’ scheme. If you have been notified of this vacancy by a current employee of British Engines, please choose the option ‘refer a friend’ when stating where you heard about the vacancy.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you have not been contacted within four weeks then your application has been unsuccessful this time.